Overwatch is undoubtedly one of the most popular games. Standing in this technologically advanced period, we have got different types of games that are fun and enjoyable. Over the course of time, some games lost their popularity whereas some games gained huge popularity. Overwatch is one of those games that got huge fandom. Anyway, the ecosystem of this game is very dynamic. If you are planning to start this game, you might be confused in the beginning. This is why we are here to let you know about the important things inextricably associated with this game. So, don’t miss to have a look at the points mentioned below:
An Overview Of Overwatch
Overwatch is a kind of online multiplayer game launched by Blizzard Entertainment. Well, it is the same company that launched some other popular games such as Hearthstone, World of Warcraft, Starcraft and many more. The company is actually known for developing compulsive and shiny online multiplayer games. Anyway, if we talk about Overwatch, it has the same tone that you will get in other games launched by Blizzard Entertainment.
Overwatch is basically a team-based action-packed game. Initially, you will get 23 playable characters and the company will be adding more characters over the course of time. Along with this, the game gives preference to situational awareness, character mastery, and team coordination. If you have never played games like Counter-Strike, you can start with this. It will give you the same taste that you are actually looking for.
Core Game Modes
If we talk about the core game modes, you will have different scenarios. Here, you will get six vs. six matches. The different scenarios are explained below:
- Assault: Assault is one of the most straightforward modes. This is all about territory control. There will be two teams- the attacking team and defending team. There is a fixed square and the defending team will have to protect it. On the other side, the attacking team will try to take over it. You will get different maps in Assault mode.
- Escort: Escort is a very interesting mode. One team will escort the payload from one part to another part. The other team will try to stop them. There will be a timer and the escort team will get more time after reaching checkpoints. Another interesting part of this mode is that you will regain health if you stand near the payload.
- Hybrid: Hybrid is the combination of Assault mode and Escort mode. This is why it is called hybrid mode. There will be a point and after taking over it, it will become a payload. After that, the team that has captured the point first will have to escort this from one point to another point.
- Control: This mode is also known as the ‘King of the Hill’. There will be one control point and everyone will have to fight to take over this point.
Well, there are two different modes to play the core games- Competitive and Quick Play.
- Competitive Mode: Competitive mode is very complicated in nature and the player will have to reach level 25 to play this mode. Moreover, the players will have to play at least 10 qualifying matches in every season in order to be qualified for playing the Competitive Mode.
- Quick Play: Well, Quick Play is basically the standard mode of playing the core games. It is something where you will spend most of your time.
Choose Your Characters Properly In Overwatch
Well, the best part of this game is its characters. Other shooter games also have characters. But, most of them have almost similar abilities. But, if we talk about the characters of Overwatch, they are unique in nature. Each character comes up with different weapons and skills. Winston is a kind of gorilla whereas D.Va is a kind of start character who comes with a powerful mecha. Tracer is another character who can travel through time. Here, we have added a guideline that will definitely help you.
- Defense: if you want to defend something, you can go with Defense heroes such as Widowmaker, Torbjorn, Mei, Hanzo, and Bastion.
- Offense: If you want to attack and bring deadly impact, you should go with Sombra, Tracer, Solder 76, Reaper, Pharah, McCree and Genji.
- Support: If you want to provide support to your team during the game, you can go with these characters- Zenyatta, Symmetra, Mercy, Ana, and Lucio.
Choose Your Platform
Well, Overwatch is available on different platforms such as PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. If you want a more competitive and intense taste, you can go with a PC. Otherwise, you can go with the gaming consoles.
Some Additional Features
Well, there are some additional features that make Overwatch more approachable. These are as follows:
- You can communicate with other players through in-game macros. This thing makes the game more interesting.
- You can always ask for healing and apart from this, you will be able to call put the enemy positions. The gamers can also establish proper coordination with other teammates.
By now, you have understood the important things that are very inextricably associated with Overwatch. So, what are you thinking? Go and grab this game. Well, if you are not ready yet, you will not have to worry. The game is not going anywhere. You can grab it whenever you want.